Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Guest WW2N

Dishwasher motor roatation direction

2 posts in this topic

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that is designed to rotate the motor in one direction to wash and than the other direction to drain.  The motor is rotation direction is random now.  How is the direction controlled on the motor.  It is a 4 wire motor.  I assume it has a seperate set of windsing to start the motor in the proper direction.  Does it have a capacitor to put the power at a different phase?  The the power stay on the direction windings continuous or just when the motor starts?  What is done to make it go forward and what is done to make it go in the reverse direction?  I want to determine if the problem is with the motor or the control circuit.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

All Kenmore products, including dishwashers, are made by several different manufacturers, without a Model number to see who made it we can only guess, and that is not what you want us to do....usually  the timer/control gives power to a start relay,  whichever side gets the voltage, the relay starts the motor in that direction.....provide the Model number....Pegi