Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermadore RES30 Electric Range

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BillB

BillB

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:03 AM

Hello All,

I'm trying to replace the lower baking element. When the screws are removed on each side and sliding the element out there is no visible connection to the wires. It slides out only about 1" and I don't wish to force it.

I'm unable to find a repair manual. So, will the unit have to be removed and accessed from the rear to make the connections?

Thanks in advance for ay help,

BillB

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:18 AM

I am sorry you have received no replys, I am not sure about this for this brand,  but will see what I can find out for you if no one else  has the answer.  We do not work on this brand so do not know the procedurers, but will try to find the answer for you....Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 BillB

BillB

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

Thank you Pegi

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,059 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:27 PM

You have to make the connections for this element from behind the oven. Which means the oven needs to come out. You lucky Thermadore owner, you!

You should write a letter to Thermadore and castigate their moron engineers for designing their oven this way. :birdeye:

FYI, Viking, another over-hyped brand, does it the same way.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

"connections are from the front, hopefully the wires come thu...It does not mean the wires will pull thu like they are supposed to...but have the equipment to remove it if needed."......this is in reply from a master tech on a tech forum , I asked him because he works on them.....however if you cannot get the wires to pull from the front  the unit will have to be removed with the "all dolly"  this will require you to call a service company that has the equpment to remove this oven and reinstall.

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

#6 BillB

BillB

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:53 AM

Pegi,

After removing the mounting screws I was able to slide the element out about 1" and no further.

Is it possible the wires just plug into the ends? I was afraid to pull too hard!

Could it be that simple? If so, I'll order an element and go for it.

Thank you again,

BillB

Attached Files

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:48 AM

Like Roy said, it SHOULD- be replaceable from the front, but if it will not pull forward enough from the front to bring the wires with it the unit will have to be removed to access the connections from the back and will probably need a special oven dolly to pull this oven and reinstall it after it is repaired.  This will require special equipment unless you are real strong or have some buddies to help do this without anyone getting hurt!!  THE BREAKERS TO THE OVEN WILL HAVE TO BE TURNED OFF EITHER WAY...Not all of them will allow you to pull the element with the wires attached from the front, according to Roy.  I do not know since we do not work on this brand...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics