Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F&P GWL11 Eco-Smart not Eco-Washing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 conkyfilms

conkyfilms

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:56 AM

Hi, glad I stumbled onto this place because it looks like it's just what I need... I have a recently-purchased Fisher & Paykel GWL11 washer that seems to be skipping the eco-wash portion of the cycle where it recirculates the water in the drum (yes, I stood there and watched it!). When I first purchased the washer, the recirculation worked fine - however, after my second load the valves failed on me and the machine was dripping water constantly.

One friendly service call and two replacement valves later, the washer was working fine again, but I think the repairman may have done something in diagnostic mode to disable the eco-wash. I didn't notice the problem until several weeks after the service call so my suspicions may not be accurate, but I feel like it may be some kind of configuration issue because the washer isn't generating any errors or making any sounds that would indicate that it's even trying to eco-wash. The other thing I noticed is that the initial amber light on the wash progress strip never lights.

F&P's customer service rep was baffled and told me to call in for service, but I thought I might see if there was something I could do. Following the sage advice on this forum I looked under the control panel and found the instructions for getting into diagnostic mode, but it showed no faults and I couldn't find any instructions for enabling/disabling eco-wash.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!

Paul
Philadelphia PA

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

Have them come back out and check the washer at no charge, sounds like something was done that was not done correctly.  You know your washer, and if it is doing differently, they need to repair this problem since they caused it.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 conkyfilms

conkyfilms

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

Minor update with this, not sure if it will help anyone in deciphering what's going on ... as you may know you can modify the factory pre-sets for agitation time on the various cycles by pressing and holding one of the cycle type buttons (e.g. regular, delicate). Well, I tried holding down Regular, and by pressing the Advance button several times I was able to reclaim the amber light that indicates the eco-wash - but when I ran the machine with this setting I just got a super-long agitation and still no eco-wash. Also I recall before when skipping steps on the cycle the amber light would stay lit and the green lights would turn off in succession, but when I did it the amber went off, then the rest of the greens.

Well, any help appreciated - guess I'll be calling my trusty repairman unless anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:37 AM

It could be the motor control board sending too much power to the diverter valve and cooking it.  Probably best to replace both the valve and the board at the same time.:)

please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics