Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

peaches

GE 30" CONVECTION WALL OVEN

7 posts in this topic

Oh! PLEASE!!!!!! Help me wise Mr. Samurai Repair Man

help!:yikes:  I am trying to test out the pink eraser test on my F7 error code, but I can't tell by the tech drawings what the ribbon connector is.  I believe it is that clear 3" wide looking piece of plastic. 

Also I am not sure how hard to pull on the connector so as to not break it. 

Please help:shock:!  Two cases of beer for the Samurai Repair man

Thanks

peaches

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

yes, the thin plastic track is the ribbon,usually there is a retainer at the end that connects to the board with small plastic pins that need to be depressed to allow disconnection-be very careful not to kink the plastic and do not use a metal tool directly on the plasic- what is the "pink eraser test"??

The thin mylar strip you describe is the descriptively-named ribbon connector. To disconnect it from the black receptacle, lift the posts on either end of the receptacle.

Kdog, the pink-pencil eraser test is described here.

:party:I did it......I did it..........i did it.........

thanks to this wonderful website I saved myself $345.00 in parts and $160 in labor, by trying to do it myself first. But know my next thought is, how long will my repair last for????:?

Also wil attempting this repair when I was securing the ribbon connector back into the :(  Any thoughts?

[user=797]peaches[/user] wrote:

Also wil attempting this repair when I was securing the ribbon connector back into the :(  Any thoughts?

Huh? :huh:

:? I must have been interrupted while composing that last part of my message.  Let's try this again

while attempting this repair,  when I was securing the ribbon connector back into the connector one of the post extension that you squeeze to pull out the receptacle broke off.  :(  Any thoughts?

Also do you think that this repair will hold for a while?  Any posts out there to suggest that this might recurr again? 

[user=797]peaches[/user] wrote:

while attempting this repair, when I was securing the ribbon connector back into the connector one of the post extension that you squeeze to pull out the receptacle broke off. :( Any thoughts?

As long as the ribbon is seated all the way down and making contact, you'll be alright.

Also do you think that this repair will hold for a while? Any posts out there to suggest that this might recurr again?

It's a GE-- you can count on it to break again!