Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

need transmission service manual

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 frahm80

frahm80

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a service manual for the transmission on my Kenmore washer? I have the manual for the whole washer, but they consider the transmission seperately.

Thanks for all your help.

Rick

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:39 PM

I don't know of a manual for the transmission.  What do you need to do?  Willie is the resident expert on the mechanical guts of these things, he might help you if you talk reeeal sweet-like to him.

#3 frahm80

frahm80

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

Here are the 2 messages that I posted on the "old system".

Kemore washer #110.28803890

I opened the transmission on my washer while trying to find a noise that the machine was making. I took the top spin gear off. There was a piece that was just laying on the neutral assembly. I found my problem and when reinstalling, I put the piece back to the position that I thought it needed to be. Put washer back together and it was spinning without anything in it. When clothes were added, it would not spin. Is there a certain way that the neutral assembly is put back together?

Thanks for your help

My problem was the drive coupling. I should have checked that first. All the parts look to be whole by looking at the diagram from Kenmore. what and where is the basket drive block? I could not find a service manual for the transmission. I have the service manual for the washer itself, but they consider the transmission a separate entity. If it is not the basket drive block, do you know where I can get a  service manual for the transmission?

Thanks for all your help.
Rick

#4 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:10 AM

Don't know where you would find a book on just the transmission..... except from Whirlpool tech support, but you would have to be an authorized Whirlpool service company.

As far as putting it all back together, I believe the neutral drain parts are marked "Top" on the centrifical weight and the the drive lug, I believe is also marked "Top" for the side that goes up.

The ratchet mechinism must have the flat spring on the correct location so as the end will be held agains the center toothed ring on the underside of the main spin gear.

The center toothed ring on the under side of the main spin gear, (if you took it off also), needs to be installed so as the teeth that stick out are on the bottom riding on the plate that contains all the neutral drain components.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#5 chynst

chynst

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:17 AM

I have the very same problem. I have it the way I think you described it. Every thing works except for spin. Does anyone have a picture of how this is supposed to be set up? I have one stick of dynamite left. I think I know what I'm going to do with it.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:47 AM

Are you sure it is agitating?? 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#7 chynst

chynst

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:09 AM

Yep, agitates fine. My problem was the coupler. But stupid me didnt see anything wrong with it at first. It wasn't untill after I pulled the tranny apart and saw nothing there that I looked at the coupler better. One piece of the neutral drain fell out when I took the spin gear off. Had to guess how it went back on. It would spin for one cycle but after that nothing. I found this thread and took it back apart to move the spring. Still no help. It has to be the spring position or the ring position that I'm getting wrong. It must have to be timed or something.

:?

#8 gratefulwood

gratefulwood

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

Hello,
I made the same mistake on my machine just the other day.
Didn't realize it was a transmission,just thought it was a gear box.
When I popped it open fluid spilled out onto the bench:P
Then I took the motor off and "found" the coupling
:shock:
The motor is reversable.If I remember right,when it turns clockwise the tub spins,counter clockwise the cam works the agitator.or visa-versa.
The next time you mess with it you can test it by lightly "clamping" a pair of vise grips to the shaft and turn it by hand both ways to make sure it works before you reinstall it.
Bill McK.

#9 chynst

chynst

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

You're right about the bidiretional motor. I can get it to work by hand while I have it out. But when I put it back together it will work fine for one cycle. after that I have to pull it apart agian to wash another load.

:X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics