Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag DE606

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WstCstG

WstCstG

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:47 AM

I was hoping to find wiring diagrams for the Maytag DE606, but have had no luck so far.  The dryer has worked great for 9 years, (I picked it up for a hundred bucks at an estate sale, washer too) then yesterday, Ding, clothes are done, but are know where near dry. I'm thinking heater element, but what do I know, thats why I'm here. Any help greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:03 AM

There are a few things it could be but heating element is probably not one of them. The unit works off an electronic control that senses moisture in clothes. If the heating element was bad it would run on straight air fluff for hours until they were dry just from room air. If you start the unit how long does it run before it shuts off with wet clothes in it? Also look at your baffles in the tub (paddles that tumble the clothes) do they appear to be wrapped with wire across the top of them or are there silver metal inserts the length of them on the top? Also do you have a meter we can ohm out components with? You might get lucky and have it just be a control switch. We can ohm that in a few steps to see. If it is a problem in the sensor circuit (baffles, wires, slip-ring etc.), we might be hunting for a while. Let us know. 
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 WstCstG

WstCstG

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:57 PM

First off, thank you for the help. Second, I found the heater element broke. BUT WAIT, after getting the heater replacement, the dryer now heats (very well) but the dryer shuts off after 15 - 20 min.  I know there is a sensor that shuts off the dryer, but is there only one sensor, or is there two? The dryer "dings"  continues to run, clothes are hot, but not dry.

#4 WstCstG

WstCstG

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:33 AM

Bump

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:40 AM

The entire dryer shuts off or just the heat? If the former, you need a new motor. If the latter, you have some more troubleshooting to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics