Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
chadriki

maytag de606 no heat

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me troubleshoot a maytag de606 electric dryer.Not sure if its heating element or maybe a bad fuse,I already changed the control switch on rear of dryer still no heat.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=9370]chadriki[/user] wrote:

I already changed the control switch on rear of dryer still no heat.

What control switch and what prompted you to change it?

You'll need to start with the basics and use your meter to see if you have both 240vac and 120vac at the wall outlet for the dryer. If you post back telling me that the light is on in the drum so therefore the dryer has power, then thou shalt be swallowed by a whale with excessively bad breath. Just check the power supply and report your measurements.

Next, if you're power supply checks out, you'll need to go inside the dryer and do some continuity checks on the heating element and thermostats. Also look for burt wires around the heating element.

I replaced the switch directly behind the on and of dial,I had another dryer just like this one and thought maybe it may just be the switch.I have power to the dryer,how does the fron cover come off to check the coil?

I put some wet towels in the dryer and it runs and runs but just no heat????

can someone maybe tell me if this dryer has some sort of internal fuse?

Find my recent post...I dont want to retype everything

what the heck is bump???????????

Chadriki, WstCstG is attempting to hijack your topic.

Your dryer does have a thermal fuse which can stop it from running it it's open. See this page for dryer disassembly help: http://fixitnow.com/2003/11/appliance-tip-of-day-dryer-disassembly.htm

And this page for meter help: http://fixitnow.com/2004/12/appliance-repair-revelation-making.htm

heck all i wanted was help with my dryer