Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Waste King electric range element won't turn off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mauigetaway

mauigetaway

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:01 AM

Waste King electric element not turning off.  Knob is working but it won't turn off. Right now, I turned off the circuit breaker but  life has to go back to normal.  This is an older unit around 1970's and is built in so I can't lift up the top.  Is there anyway to disconnect just that burner?

If not, how about a good,reasonable repairman in Glendale,CA.

Mahalo.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:40 AM

I assume you are talking about one of the burners on the top.   Do the burners just unplug from the block?  If this is what you are referring to the inf. switch to the element is shorted or something in the range is grounded giving power to this burner at all times.  Guess you could try cuttng the voltage to the range and accessing the switch for this burner and un-plugging the wires and tapeing them off so the burner will not get any voltage if you cannot just un-plug said burner from the burner block, or removing the wires to the burner and tapeing them off.  We cannot tell what your range looks like and what sort of burners it has with the information provided
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 mauigetaway

mauigetaway

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

So if I tape off the wires , it won't be using any electricity?  Would it also work if I unplugged the burner?  Thanks so much for your information.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:39 PM

I would imagine the burner would not get hot if it was not plugged into the range....however the block it plugs into would still have electricity where said burner was plugged into so any liquid that might be spilled could get into this and cause the whole range to short out.  Would be better to cut or unplug the wires to the burner block and tape them off, or better still cut or remove the wires to the switch and tape them off..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics