Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:06 AM
This could be one of a few things: moisture in the top control panel - remove the lid and undo the six screws that secure the top panel( it will not come off , you will have to unplug a six wire connector from the board and this will free it up but not completely) check for moisture, if found, dry out with hair dryer and before refitting board run a bead of neutral silicon sealant down both sides and along the bottom edge that the top panel fit against. If it is still working but beeping constantly remove the board as above and cut the speaker off the circut board( a round blue disc( turn it on and listen to where the noise is coming from, but the six wire connector will need to be plugged in( but turn off and unplug before cutting))) and refit as per above. Alternatively it could be a faulty motor control board and this is where it starts to get expensive. At this point you should get a service tech to call. I hope this helps.