Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Admiral Hvy Duty Giant Capacity Dryer..Loose wires

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_NiceMoveDad_*

Lurker_NiceMoveDad_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

Moving a Admiral Model LNC8757A77 dryer and I slipped down the stairs.  My helper was left holding the top of the dryer which had seperated enough that the four wires that attach to the back left came loose from their clips.  Manual lost years ago.  I did some research online and facing the dryer from the front the Yellow dot marked item is I believe the High Limit Thermostat which still had a Blue Wire clipped to it.  Next to it is the Pink dot Thermal Fuse?  Now I have a Tan/Beige wire which I think connects opposite the still attached Blue (judging by fact other two wires seem too short to reach)?  Now I have a Black wire marked F2 and a Grey wire marked F1.  From Left to Right facing the dryer where does Black and Grey go on the pink dotted thermal fuse?  I am so afraid to shock or blow up somone with this Gas Dryer and we are so behind on bills due to unexpected car repair I cannot really afford to call in a professional for a simple clip reattachment.  Any help for low paid Soldier and Father of Four? Thanks in advance for any help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

Post that wiring diagram here and we'll get you fixed up before you can say, "Osama Bin Fartin'."

#3 Lurker_NiceMoveDad_*

Lurker_NiceMoveDad_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:47 PM

How  I post it? I have it scanned into a pdf file, but am unable to determine how to copy the picture of the scan or attach the pdf file to this message.  Sorry I just cannot seem to figure that out.  I could email it in or you could give me directions, but I am almost as bad with computers as appliances it seems.  Sorry to be such a botehr, but I did try all I can think of and th eoptions do not seem to work as a copy and paste.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

I see you're still Loitering in the Threshold.  You have to register to be able to upload attachments. 

And, yes, it's free. 

#5 NiceMoveDad

NiceMoveDad

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:32 AM

Finnaly came back from Maneuvers and able to scan, but due to file size limit had to do in three parts.  Hope you can help me now?! ;-)

PART 1

Attached Files

#6 NiceMoveDad

NiceMoveDad

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:32 AM

Part 2

Attached Files

#7 NiceMoveDad

NiceMoveDad

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:34 AM

Part 3 and any advis eor help or even reading and saying "Your screwed buddy!" is appreciated.  Last resort I call for help, but I'd like to fix it myself and feel i unmessed up the whole thing ;-)

Attached Files

#8 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:17 AM

Either wire to either terminal, makes no difference. You may also have broken the ignitor depending on how violent a drop it took.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#9 NiceMoveDad

NiceMoveDad

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:08 AM

So as long a sF! and F2 are attached to the Thermal Fuse (Pink Dot Item) I should be okay?   Thanks.  Not to bad a drop more like as lide lol.

#10 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:19 AM

Yep, one on F1, one on F2.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics