Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore dishwasher leaking (PICTURES)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 miked

miked

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

Kenmore dishwasher 363.14458692

There is water coming from under unit and I am unable to determine where the source is.  Also not sure how much I need to take apart to figure out where the problem is coming from.

See photo below:

Posted Image

I suspect the water is coming from the white plastic unit in the center of the picture.  Specifically around the white crusty stuff (calcium?).  The water seems to be most apparent around where this white material is.  I have more pictures at http://daviscg.com/u...sher/index.html.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Mike

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:25 AM

Couldn't determine from your pictures exactly where the water is leaking but see signs of the calcium from leak around the upper clamp that holds the motor to the pump outlet and also a little sign around the drain and upper wash arm hoses.

Tighten that clamp at the top of the motor/pump and check to make sure both small hoses are tight.

Most likely cause of the leak is a bad pump seal or the small seal for the drain flapper valve has gone bad.

Dry the motor/pump real good then run it and see if you feel water around where the black motor attaches to the white pump body. If the water is coming down from where the motor connects to the pump then most diffinitely a bad pump impeller and seal kit.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 miked

miked

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:18 AM

The water seems to be collecting from the area circled in the picture below:

Posted Image

If this is leaking down from a bad pump seal, what needs to be removed to inspect?

Thanks!

Mike

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:12 PM

You need a new motor/pump assembly. 

#5 miked

miked

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:00 PM

Sounds good.  Think I can get away with the pump only?  How do you remove it?

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,051 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:05 AM

[user=901]miked[/user] wrote:

Sounds good.  Think I can get away with the pump only? 

That'd grat if you could buy just the pump, but I think you need to buy the whole pump/motor assembly-- GE makes more money that way (GE made this dishwasher).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics