Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE double wall oven F7 code

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dragon

dragon

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

My GE oven had shown codes F0, F2 and F7 intermittently for years. One month ago it totally failed to work at all. I replaced the ERC and the self cleaning latch (they came in a set since the new ERC is not identical to the old one and would hit the old oven latch). The parts store claimed the old part had been replaced by a new part. Then, the oven worked.

But after a month I used the self clean feature on the top oven only. I got code F2 during self clean. Self Clean cycle would not finish. I turned the circuit breaker off. Code F7 goes away when power is turned off and turned back on. The oven does work when there is no F7. But F7 returns hours or days later. I removed the ribbon cable and cleaned the contacts with an eraser but the code has returned twice after 7 days. When F7 appears, none of the keys on the keypad work.
I am presuming I need a new keypad. Any other thoughts? Does self clean damage the keypad or the ribbon contacts?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:01 AM

That's a keypad. 

#3 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

I agree with Samurai that your keypad is bad.  The F2 is a thermal error.  I would turn off the breaker, bypass the fan thermal switch, turn the power back on and make sure the fan was blowing correctly.

#4 dragon

dragon

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:37 AM

Re: Part number for keypad GE oven JT950S0A1SS

Tried to order the keypad from repairclinic.com

However, the model number was not recognized as valid.  Maybe I did not read it right.  Anyway, here is a picture of the plate on the oven with the model number.  Any advice as to what model number this really is?

Attached Files

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:11 AM

This model comes up in the Sears site, shows the Control WB27T10287 for $287.99 and the Panel Cntl Assy W/KPD   WB36T10207 at $279.99.  Perhaps it would be less here from the Saumari??  Pegi

http://www.repairclinic.com/0080.asp

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][color=#000000][size=2]Yep, looks to be a lot less from here.....

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,192 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:06 PM

Here's the direct link to the part you need:  CLICK HERE.

#7 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:39 PM

When you get the new keypad it will be wrapped in a plastic film.  Peel back only what you need to from the bottom and sides, leave as much of the film as possible in place till it's completely installed.  Wouldn't want to put a scratch on that brand new stainless steel.  Pull the oven door and put it in a safe place out of your way.

If the new one gives you a hard time going back on, slide the oven out about an inch or two.  Don't forget what I said about the fan thermal switch.  Is there a screen in front of the cooling fan? Does it have fine mesh?  Is it clogged with dust?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics