LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

goodman gas furnace

Wip

I have the pleasure of instaling a new furnace in my Daughter's house. I'm looking for a 93+ efficiency gas furnace and was wondering what the thoughts were on the Goodman name. They seem to be associated with Amana (if my research is correct). Is it an OK product? If not does anyone have a reccomendation?

I figure on an install with duct board (for easy install of AC later).

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wip,  built my house 10 years ago and have a Goodman split system.  Never had one problem with it.  Of course I maintain it myself being in this business...Ron

Around here we say to put in a Goodman for job security. I've never been impressed with their level of quality. Ruud/Rheem/Weather King are probably my favorites for build quality and value. I am especially fond of their evap coils. Nice and compact, fit the furnaces perfectly and never had a water leak with one. They even make it possible to inspect the coil and drain after installation. Goodman bought the Amana Brand a few years back. Not sure what that means except it is now hard to get Amana parts.

Archived