Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirpool fridge. Fridge=block of ice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fon_Win

Fon_Win

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

2 days ago I found coils to be frozen solid, frost had formed about 1/2 inch thick on back panel into freezer compartment. Fridge compartment was in the 60's.

Pulled the cover that directs air down into the fridge off, and it was completely blocked with ice. I cleared that and cleared about 1/2 of the coil (had to go to work) and plugged it back in. today I had some time so I pulled the entire back panel off and let at it with hair dryer.

I suspect the freezer wasn't sealed.. which resulted in the coils freezing up. If not, i suspect the thermostat or the heater *shrug*. will see.

Questions i have. There 3 styrofome tubes leading to the fridge compartment. one that forces air from the coils down into the fridge (one that was previously blocked). the other two, The one on the left appeared to have aluminum foil blocking it, the one on the right might have.. not sure.

Is there supposed to be alumin foil blocking those? I figured that was how air returned to the coils from the fridge.

Iv'e got the label from inside the fridge..but I can't read half of it..

Whirlpool

Mod xT16JMhW00 letter is lower case are guessimications.

year 99

Type 16tfa98

After drying everything out will let you know if i find anything else out.

Thx.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:16 AM

I suspect you have a defrost problem.  It will freeze back up in a day or 5 until it is repaired.  You will need to see what has failed. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics