Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bryant A/C causing problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schlager

schlager

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:42 AM

We have an 8 year old Bryant air conditioner for the house it's 3 ton. When it comes on it makes a major power draw, the lights in the house really dim and then after several seconds the unit makes a sort of lurch and resumes working. It may do this once it may do it several times or it may not do it at all. It seems to mostly happen at night or at least it is mostly noticed at night.

Had a repairman out and he replaced the contact and added a hard start. The next night it was doing the same thing.

They are supposed to come look at it again tomorrow.

Is there anything I can look for? Anything I should make sure the repairman looks for? I'll bet $20 it won't do it while the repairman is around but I'm going to give it a workout.

thanks,

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:32 AM

It may be a loose connecton in the main electrical panel or a weak breaker . perhaps you better let a qualified electrical contractor check your panel both the main and at the unit itself.

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#3 jehiatt

jehiatt

IkkĊ-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:07 AM

replace the start capacitor.
the lights dim so the compressor is sucking up the juice but can't get started. Could it be overgassed and can't start under the pressure? Add a hard start capacitor kit.
J woody

#4 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:35 PM

low side pressure reading should be around 68 pounds per square inch PSI

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics