Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Roper Dryer Not Drying Properly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kknott

kknott

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:52 PM

I have a Roper model REX5634KQ1 Electric Dryer. When Running the dryer in the Auto Sense Dry Cycle it requires running the dryer thru 2 or 3 cycles to completely dry the load. Is this a thermostat problem, ducting problem or is there some kind of sensor for this cycle that is going bad. Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:55 PM

This is a no air flow problem from the dryer to the outside, check your vent hose and the house vent for a blockage. Make sure there is good air flow from the dryer with the vent hose removed to see if the blockage is in the dryer vent housing itself.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,034 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:09 AM

And read this page now.

#4 dmje

dmje

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:19 PM

[user=917]kknott[/user] wrote:

I have a Roper model REX5634KQ1 Electric Dryer. When Running the dryer in the Auto Sense Dry Cycle it requires running the dryer thru 2 or 3 cycles to completely dry the load. Is this a thermostat problem, ducting problem or is there some kind of sensor for this cycle that is going bad. Thanks in advance.

I also have the same similar problem. Does this model have a moisture sensor to detect dryness? If so where is it located? I was thinking that part of the problem may be that it is either shorted out or has a film on it from the dryer sheets.

Want to add that I did check the airflow from the dryer to the outside and it appears to be good. Cleaned some lint from the external ductwork and also cleaned the lint screen with warm water and soap. Also I cleaned the inside of the housing that holds the lint screen to remove any lint that was present.

The dryer appears to work fine on the timed dry cycles (either high or low heat) but on the auto sense cycle with the * its seems to either not heat or not heat long enough and I have noticed that the timer knob on the face of the machine does not move and I wonder if there is some kind of connection between whatever senses the dryness of the clothes the auto sense cyle and the element and the timer knob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics