Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dang! thought I was done!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 anna777

anna777

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:00 PM

thanks to all of you I was able to complete several repairs on my own. Now after replacing drive block, lint filter, tub seal I have a knock. DANG

seems to run fine till the spin cycle goes to stop and I get a noise.l thumpiing? just hard to describe.

HELP:yikes:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:42 AM

What did you use to tight the spanner nut on the drive block?

Did you have the correct spanner wrench or did you use a hammer and punch, (if you didn't use the a correct spanner wrench there is a high probablity that you didn't get it tight enough and when the brake engages to stop the tub the tub is slipping on the drive block).

When you replaced the drive block did you do anything to the two tabs that stick up from the spin tube that engage into the notches in the drive block. (Usually when a drive block strips out it will bend those two tabs in slightly. You need to take a small tappered chisel and gently tap it inbetween the agitator shaft and the tabs to get the edges that have been bent in slightly back to the correct position. If you didn't do this and then didn't get the spanner nut tightend down good you are now destroying your new drive block. When the brake engages the drive block slips on the spin tube and the clunking your hearing is the drive block riding up over the spin tube tabs making the tub bounce up and down as it stops.)
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 anna777

anna777

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:47 AM

I used a screew driver and a hammer.  I was afraid of overtightening the nut.

What youu told me makes perfect sense.  I will get it taken back apart today and let you know later how it goes.

thanks, anna

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

If the ears on the spin tube are in the notches of the drive block that drive block cannot be over tightened, wack the hell out of it and get it tight///
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:47 AM

Do as Pegi said. Since you don't have the correct spanner wrench for the job, don't use the screwdriver, you won't be able to get it tight enough.

Use a large heavy punch, (not the screwdriver), and a heavy hammer.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 anna777

anna777

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:47 AM

When I tore the machine back apart it was clear the spanner nut was not tight enough.  I made sure the notches were up and the drive placed properly over them.  Then I recruited the strength of my son to tighten the spanner nut.

All was quiet during  and after the spin cycle.

Thank you all, be blessed

anna

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:53 AM

:party:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics