Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bryant A\C

jkcal

I have a Bryant Evolution model 598 B that quit running.  On the circuit board

comm lights were flashing 6 times indicating a compressor VC\VH trip.  What does that mean? Is there a reset?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You had a low voltage signal to your condenser unit with no high voltage present, or the compressor didn't start.  Shut the power to the air handler to reset it.  make sure you have high voltage to the condenser before you turn the air handler back on.  That's a pretty sophisticated unit.  Anymore than resetting it once in a while or cleaning the drain you might want to let a pro handle.  

Do you have a variable speed airhandler?  If its' only a year or two old you might look into an extended warranty.  They can be expensive systems to fix and they do break.

I don't have an air handler.  I disconnected the low voltage power and the unit reset, it seemed to run fine today.  Just don't know what caused the problem.

Thanks

I also have a Bryant.  My breaker keeps tripping.  I've replaced the breaker and cleaned the contacts in the outside unit, but it keeps tripping.  Any suggestions?  Thanks..

Start you own topic john.

jkcal, This fancy unit of yours....  Did it come with your new home or did you buy it?.  If you don't have an air handler does this mean it's a package unit? Your problem could be with any one of your relays,  Your capacitors, even your crank case heater.  You might just want to call the guy and make sure he's a good one.

It was installed during a remodel, it sounded like a great unit. I'm not sure what you mean by a "package unit".  Hopefully the guy will be out again tomorrow and figure it out.

Guest ahammer48

Hello

Package unit= unit is one piece of equipment  either on the ground or on the roof.

Split System= 2 pieces of equipment. 1 piece, condenser section(compressor and fan) sits outside. The other piece, furnace w/ evaporator coil is inside, usually in the attic, garage or basement.

R U experincing brown outs or loss of electricity in Ur area?

It's a split system.  No Brown-outs or electrical problems at all.  It's shutting down when it turns to low speed output.

Guest ahammer48

Hello

Ok. I went to Bryants home page-http://www.bryantlincoln.com. Unfortunately Bryant thinks a sales brochure substitutes for service manual. Sorry:(. I think Jedi was correct about what that (6) flash code meant (vc/vh). It sounds like the compressor was told to start, but didn't so the unit went into lock out. It could B that when it goes into lock out the fan changes to low speed. Thats just a symptom, not the cause.

Is it always the same flash code or does it change? I think UR gonna have to call in someone.

The new furnaces with their electronic boards aren't easy to troubleshoot this way. If Ur not satisfied with the service you've been getting, goto the page above and Bryant will get U in touch with an authorized rep.

Hope this helps

jkcal,  are you having some kind of ongoing problem with this unit.  What's the whole story.  How many times has your guy looked at it?  Are these a pictures the same as your unit?  I'm sure your guy checked the relays and the caps.. right?  Unless you have an understanding of electricity and air conditioning you better let a factory pro fix it.  Do as ahammer48 suggest. You don't want to void any warranties either.

174622393_e9ba0ef0c2.jpg

174623183_0f38346b78.jpg?v=0

That's the unit.  My guy came back and changed a relay (white) and the large capacitor on the left and so far so good.  I've noticed on start-up now a very "soft start-up" for the compressor, as compared to before the problem started, a very loud "click" before start-up.

Archived