Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Electric Stove

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beepshouse

beepshouse

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:53 AM

Hello,

I am new to posting, but not new to the site.   I have a Kenmore 30" electric freestanding range Model # 911.9324590   It is about 9 years old.

The problem it has is, unless I wiggle and jiggle the burners they will not light up.  The connection (I believe they are called terminal blocks) that you plug the burners into are loose.  I have tightened them and it helped for a bit, but the last time I used a large one it arc'd :yikes: and I turned off the burner.   My husband had it working, but again, the same thing, wiggle-jiggle-wiggle.  IF I am lucky I can cook a whole dish before it stops working.  :X  Do I replace the terminal blocks or do I replace the burners?  Also, are they easy to fix?  I am pretty good at do it yourself stuff and can follow directions. 

Thanks for any help:D

Beepshouse

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,648 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:08 PM

You may have wallowed out the recepticles.  Pull the elements out and inspect the end tabs; if you see any pitting, that's a sure sign of a worn recepticle.  Caution:  lack of apparent pitting is not conclusive proof that the recepticles are good. 

To buy the recepticles for your range, CLICK HERE.

Posted Image

#3 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:22 AM

WAIT!!!!! Before you go buying that recepticle block for $37 just because it was looked up by a G.E. part#.

Come and get one for only $8.50, much better kit CLICK HERE

You're lucky, not all G.E. sourced ranges use the universal sytle recepticle block and you do have to order the special G.E. part for 3 to 4 times more than the same part from a different manufacture.

And also, if the ends of your elements are all pitted and arched up, DON'T put the old pitted and arched element back into a new recepticle block. You will just be doing the job again in less than a year.

If the element ends are just slightly pitted and arched, use a file or fine dremal tool grinder and clean up the arched and pitted areas on the element ends and you should be ok to go.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#4 beepshouse

beepshouse

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:20 PM

Update:

Thank  you so very much!  I have ordered said parts.  I also ordered burner elements as they were rather pitted and mis-shaped.    My only concern is that when I wired the new receptacles in, they came with little plastic sleeve do-ma-jiggy's that you melt over the wire covers.  They did not melt very well and I worry about a fire.  Should I cover them with something else?  Perhaps electrical tape?  :?  

Thank you again! :D

Beepshouse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics