Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

KENMORE DISHWASHER

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_A LITTLE FRUSTRATED_*

Lurker_A LITTLE FRUSTRATED_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:55 PM

There's so many flashing lights on my Kenmore dishwasher I'm beginning to think it's Christmas, or maybe the Fourth of July.  My dishwasher is about three years old, model 587.16079200.  There's six lights flashing:  Lock On, Washing, Drying, Sensing, Clean, and the 6 hour delay.  The problem seems to be intermittent, this is about the tenth time it's happened.  The first time it was still under warranty and a repairman replaced the control panel.  It seemed to be good for about a year, then it started happening again.  At first it seemed to self-resolve in a few hours, then it was a few days, the last time it was a few weeks.  The last time I contacted repairclinic.com for help and the "guru" suggested it might be the control board, so I ordered one.  Of course, by the time the double-secret special part backorder came in three weeks later, the problem resolved itself, so I held onto the part for the next flare-up.  When it happened, I confidently replaced the control board only to see the same blinking lights when I turned the power back on.  Unfortunately, 30 days have more than expired and repair clinic won't take the $100 part back.  I'd replace the control panel again, but I can't afford to replace a $120 part every few months.  I'm tempted to disassemble the dishwasher with my shotgun, but before I do, can you offer any help?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:02 PM

Find the tech sheet for this dishwasher-- it's hidden in the dishwasher unless the last guy whoi worked on it "borrowed" it. Common hiding places are behind the kickplate and inside the control console. We need the tech sheet to know how to put the dishwasher in diagnostic mode.

#3 Lurker_A LITTLE FRUSTRATED_*

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

OK, I have the tech sheet.

#4 Lurker_A LITTLE FRUSTRATED_*

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:16 PM

I scanned the tech sheet to the following URL.  It's a little small, but hopefully you can zoom to the pertinent section.

http://spaces.msn.co...1&_c=photoalbum

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:30 AM

On the fourth page, there's section titled Water/Service test.  I can't read the text, but you can in the original.  That's the test you want to run. 

#6 applehouse

applehouse

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

How did this turn out?  I have the exact same problem with my Kenmore 587....(Frigidaire) Dishwasher.  We had a tech out and he could'nt fix it nor determine the exact problem.  He said we should order a control board.  I decided to look into it before dropping $120 without knowing what the problem was.  I could'nt get the water/service test to work.  It runs when I give it power but doesn't respond to any buttons.  If you could tell me how this turned out I would appreciate it.

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:37 AM

Another one who loved us and then just left us.  Oh, God, I feel USED!  :moon:

#8 Lurker_Jill_*

Lurker_Jill_*

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

We had a service guy come out and he was awesome. He said that the water needs to be really hot (> 140F) before starting the dishwasher. This worked for us - no more flashing Washing light.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics