Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher not heating water

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Toobizzy

Toobizzy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:57 AM

I own a Bosch model shu4002uc-06 dishwasher.  The problem was that it would not enter into the rinse cycle because the water was not being heated to trip the thermostat.  My question is will replacing the "heater asm" part number 264463 correct the problem.  or is the a heating element that I can not find on any parts breakdown that needs replacing.  Also hard hard of a job will this be for me to complete.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kingsx

kingsx

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:35 AM

this heats your water  

http://www.repaircli...ccPartID=467089

Is it being energized?

Turn off power at breaker and test the heater for continuity.

If it's open, the heater is bad.

if it shows continuity, you have to trace the control voltage.

It may not be fun

I have not encountered this problem, but Bosch can be murder for the home handyman. good luck

#3 Toobizzy

Toobizzy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for the help....I hope it works out

#4 asteysn2

asteysn2

Asteysn2

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle, Watneys, Stone's IPA

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

Taking apart a Bosch unit is TOUGH for gaining access to the heating element. Its a ral bear so I would advise getting a well Bosch versed guy in to do this
Robert Sankey
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
email: coastalserve@gmail.com

#5 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

remove the control module and inspect for burnt solder joint. i bet i have repaired a hundred of these in the last couple of years. never replaced an element or a flow switch, it is always the burnt solder joint. just clean it up and resolder.
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:27 AM

Denny, I think this in one of those older Bosch's with the good ol' fashioned mechanical timer, before the control board era.

#7 Lurker_josugden@charter.net_*

Lurker_josugden@charter.net_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:47 AM

You are right about it having a mechnaical timer.  I have the same problem as the other person, that my dishwasher does not want to cycle through all of its washing cycles.  My Bosch diswasher is a model number shu 4002uc/u06.  The water is plenty hot!  When you refer to soldering a poor connection, are you referring to the mechanical timer or some other control panel.  Could my thermostate be broken?  The washer seems to cycle fine through the wash cycle but "gets stuck" in the rinse cycle.  Any suggestions would be apprecated. 

#8 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:20 AM

I would be looking for a broken wire to the temperature thermostat, or maybe a faulty t/stat.  Take the door panel off and look for loose or split wiring :shock: . (as long as I am right in assuming that it wont go past the wash, and the water gets very hot)
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#9 oblender

oblender

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:51 AM

I have the same problem with my dishwasher.  It's an SMU2042uc/14 model and it get's stuck in the middle of the wash cycle.  Even when the water is hot maybe not 140F it seems as though the heater does not energize.  Does anyone know if this model has a control panel it seems that it's quite old.

#10 oblender

oblender

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

I took the door off and no wiring problems were noticable. I guess I'm going to have to find the thermostat or the heater to test. Anyone know how to test the thermostat or heater on a SMU2042uc/14 model?

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,046 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

The wisdom you seek is in this post:  http://fixitnow.com/...mplete-a-cycle/

#12 Lurker_paulh_*

Lurker_paulh_*

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:09 AM

SMU's do not have that control unit, actually don't have any. Don't know your qualifications so am reluctant to go further but you probably have open lead to heater in wiring harness(can't see wires) you could run new wire but another one will go open soon. Junk it.

#13 Keinokuorma

Keinokuorma

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

Well if that is an area that is exposed to moisture, and the wiring gets corroded... re-wire the bad wires and impregnate the harness with dielectric grease... unless it is an area that heats a lot causing the grease to run, or the wire ends are a real pain to reach. If I had one of these old school machines at hand, perhaps I would keep it until something major gives way.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)

#14 Lurker_paulh_*

Lurker_paulh_*

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:10 PM

Usually 1st wire to go open is L1-2nd is to heater,then circ motor- you can only go back so many times to rerun one wire at a time til customer gets pi$$ed even tho you warn them. Harness is NLA and wires where break occurs is in molded shield-to rerun entire harness would be too costly and not worth it-it could very well be a thermo,timer or heater but I always check power leaving timer down to verify harness.

#15 Keinokuorma

Keinokuorma

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

True, minding the peace of the customer's mind, if the machine is known to be progressively degrading at an NLA part, I support euthanasia. The other way would be building a hassle of wiring to replace the bad harness in the first place, but that is known to be time consuming, and it still may not solve the problem. It's not our job to build appliance parts, unless we have a customer insisting on it if it is at all possible.

It's like doing $100 work on a machine worth $90 secondhand and functional... and finding out the problem wasn't solved. :shock:

This brings to me a memory from the good old halcyon days (doesn't history eventually become that?):?

A couple years ago I worked part time for a computer sales/service business. Sometimes it happened that the customer's computer was found to be beyond repair, or matching parts weren't reasonably priced if available. We would offer the policy that either we bill €50 for the service call, or the call is free plus a 10% discount of a new computer from our catalog if the deal is closed right then. If the customer wanted to think longer, the call was €50 and the 10% offer was up for two days.

Just one customer didn't like the catch, that EITHER a new OS licence was in the price OR the data from the old computer was transferred, no new OS. Separately acquired WinXP licence was €100 and the guy thought he had been ripped off... transfering old files and OS, which was considered basic service visit, would have been €50. He took that as the freebie in the deal and came back two days later demanding WinXP to be upgraded over the old OS, keeping old user data and applications, for €50.

Two words: NO DEAL. :dude:

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, Digital Equipment Corporation (1977)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics