Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest robert inman

f7 error

5 posts in this topic

hello my Kenmore oven (model:911.30465792 ) keeps generating a f-7 error, even after power cycle.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[align=left]F7 [/align]

[align=left]Stuck function switch or button on Electronic Range Control (ERC) [/align]

[align=left]Replace Electronic Range Control/Clock (ERC) [/align]

[align=left]_________________________________________________________________________________________[/align]

F7

[align=left]Computer logic interrupted (lock motor) [/align]

[align=left]Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC) [/align]____________________________________________________________________________

According to the fault codes in this site, this is what I found for the Roper ranges, which is who made this unit for Sears.  The 911 prefix means Roper brand.   Any other suggestions out there?  Pegi

Definitely consult the tech sheet for this range as fault codes change among makes and models.

Always a good idea to check the oven sensor-- easy to do and prevents one of those DOH! moments that may occur if the ERC is replaced and it turned out to be the sensor all along.

I almost always replace the sensor if I'm replacing the ERC:dude:

That's a good idea, Jedi. The sensor is cheap compared to the ERC and a bad sensor can take out an ERC.