Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Elite MOD 110 20992991-will fill and won't advance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnieBgood

JohnnieBgood

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:20 AM

My washer will fill with water, but will not advance to the next cycle.
I tried on/off several times and rotating the knob to several places, especially rinse, but it only hums.
I've read several points of interest on this formum and I think I'm down to:
Lid Switch(x?)
Bad Pressure Switch
Bad Coupler
Bad Motor
Bad Timer
Is there any tips for me to really narrow it down?
Thanks
JohnnieBgood

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:24 AM

Let us look at some details.  After it stops filling is the washer dead? or do you hear the motor humming down at the bottom of the washer??   If it is dead we could have a bad fill level switch, bad lid switch, bad wiring harness, bad motor.  If you hear the motor humming you could have a broken coupler which would not let it agitate or spin, BUT it would drain.  You could have something in your pump jamming the motor.  You could have a locked up tranny jamming the motor.  There are other things that it could be but let us start here first.  Pegi
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 JohnnieBgood

JohnnieBgood

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

Thanks Pegi.

The hum is coming from the bottom of the washer for sure.
I'm about to drain it with a sump, slide it out and see if I can see anything in the pump.

brb,
jbg

#4 JohnnieBgood

JohnnieBgood

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:34 AM

Trouble shooting in progress.

Maybe I can rule out the lid switch?(with the lid closed, I turned the know to spin, it hums. When I open the lid the humming stops)

I'm draining the Tub with a small sump now, so that I can pull it out and examin the electrical components and tranny.

jbg

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:38 AM

;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 JohnnieBgood

JohnnieBgood

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:56 PM

Eureka!!!
I emptied the tub, rolled the washer on its side and removed the cardborad base so I could view the motor, pump, etc.
I removed the large inlet hose from the tub and found the tail end of piece of cloth. Manually spinning the drive coupler with my thumb and pulling the cloth at the same time yielded the root cause to my problem. The cloth had the pump under wraps ó¿ó
Hooked everything up for a test run, Everything works fine.

Thanks you so much! I owe you one.

Kind Regards
johnnieBgood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics