Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune #MAH3000AWW

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 eZAK

eZAK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home Brew!

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:10 AM

I having some more problems with my Neptune mod (P) #MAH3000AWW.

Last year I replaced the board and the wax motor. (I missed the deadline on the lawsuit by a few months):X

Now it is leaking and very loud during spin. Inner SS drum seams loose.

I'm thinking bearings and seals?

Any suggestions, tips, or tricks I should be aware of? Anything else I should replace while I'm in there?

Thank You!

Pat Zak

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 SuperTec

SuperTec

IkkĊ-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:58 PM

You would be thinking correctly... The bearing is part of the tub assembly. Gets a little costly, but if you like the front loader, it is worth it...
Prices subject to change upon customers annoyance....

#3 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

The inner tub is held in place by 3 bolts located behind the baffles that attach to the rear of your inner drum. If one has snapped, it will make the inner drum loose and create a loud banging in spin. The baffles are held in place by two screws on each baffle. Might want to check the condition of those bolts as well.
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#4 chrisboc

chrisboc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:16 PM

eZAK,

I have a brand new in the box outer drum that I would gladly part with for a lot less than a new one.

I just replaced mine. It's a pretty easy job. The complete instructions along with a new lip seal kit are in the box. Takes a couple of hours for the job. 

See the picture below. It is brand new in the box unopened. They cost about $240 shipped. I would part with this one for only $175 shipped to your door.

If anyone else reads this and wants it, just send me an email.

Regards

Attached Files

#5 eZAK

eZAK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:19 AM

Thanks fellas for the replies so far.

Chrisboc,

I'm interested in your offer for the outer drum kit. I have sent you a P.M. I would have sent you an email but you don't have one listed! I can be reached at eZAK61@sbcglobal.net

Trying to help,                                                                                                             All three bolts appear to be intact. Thanks

Now my other concern is the issue with the mold on the drum boot seal. Is there a fix or a new and improved part for this? Please provide part numbers.

Here are the parts I think I need an plan to order; (Please correct if items are wrong or not needed)

22004465 - Outer drum assembly (chrisboc)

22004081 - Spinner shaft

12001788 - Belt kit

12002022 - Lip seal kit ??

??????      - Boot seal

This will be my first major tear down of a washer so please let me know if I need anything else or I'm forgeting something. 

Thanks Again

Pat Zak

#6 chrisboc

chrisboc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:40 AM

eZAK,

I sent you an email with my phone number. Give me a call if you like.

As far as the parts needed, the lip seal kit is included in the outer drum package. I would get a new belt. I didn't change the spinner or the boot. Mine looked good. 

This isn't that hard of a job. Just be patient and pay attention to what you are doing. If you get in a bind just ask for help and the people on here will jump at the chance to help you. They helped me a lot.

Talk to you soon. 

#7 eZAK

eZAK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:24 AM

I did not receive any email 'chrisboc'!

#8 chrisboc

chrisboc

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

Sorry, it was still in my outbox in Outlook. Just pushed send. You should have it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics