Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rkpatt

Hotpoint Oven Overheating RF512 G0L1

3 posts in this topic

I am troubleshooting a Hotpoint drop-in range in a newly purcased house  which has the oven overheating both in bake and broil modes. I looked inside and saw that the thermocouple was bent in the middle  was not it its original clips and put it back. However temps are still way off and I presume that tihe thermostat should be replaced . The OEM model   GE- PS235852 is pricey at about $ 150 . Can I use a universal replacement  electric oven thermostat( suggestions on which will best too ) ? - tThanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sears shows this thermostat part number  WB21X500 at $126.99, it is $103.75 from this site...:)

WhoooWEEEE! Come git you one!