Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Guest GLC

wp direct drive starts & stops 15 sec

9 posts in this topic

Hello - whether in spin or in agiate the unit will run for 15 seconds stop for a few seconds run for a minute stop for a few seconds. It will do this over and over. I have held the lid switch down with a popsicle stick and it still happens. The motor is not overheateing cause I have touched it and it is not hot. And also because it starts right back up in less than a minute so the thermal protector would not have cooled off that quickly. Any ideas?

GLC

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like its got itself stuck in a delicate/ultra delicate cycle - model number please?

thanks for the quick response. I will tyry to dig up model number from moms.

Sounds like you have a bad wiring harness not letting enough voltage get to the motor.   Check the connections at the timer and also the harness down at the motor.  This is a known issue with the harness and is hard to find since if it is not a visable loose connection it will be inside of the insulation and cannot be seen.  You might try wiggling or moving the wires to the motor to see if you can find where the problem is located.

Let this one go my friends. Mom lives in Deleware. I live in Maryland. She called some one up there. If she tells me what they tolf her about this one I will post it for others info to use.

Wow, thanks for the post.  Yes, please let us know what is causing this, as it helps all.   :cool:

Need to let you know. We could not duplicate the problem. I had mom run it without and clothes and it would not do it again. She still wanted some one to come out and they could not duplicate it. We will wait and see. Thanks All

;)