Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

dryer not heating enough

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dgolfer

dgolfer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:25 AM

I have a frigidaire gas dryer model #CRGR442AS0. It isn't heating my clothes enough.  The igniter is lighting the gas, but it seems that it isn't staying on long enough to heat the drum.  Could it be defective gas coils or thermostat?  How would I check these? 

Also,

The timer doesn't seem to be moving.  It's a new timer, so I know it can't be bad.  Would another component prevent it from timing down?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

the first thing you do is disconnect the vent off the back. operate it that way. if it heats up properly and dries a load you have a venting problem. if it continues to short cycle or not heat at all replace the coils more than likely. post back

#3 dgolfer

dgolfer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:50 AM

I'll try that.  Also,  the timer doesn't seem to be moving.  It's a new timer, so I know it can't be bad.  Would another component prevent it from timing down?  Thanks for you're help.

#4 AccApp

AccApp

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

Does the timer move while in a timed dry cycle? Which cycles do you have and does it move during any of them?

On most recent Frigidaires' automatic cycles the timer only advances during periods of thermostat satisfaction, so if your coils are shot the timer will never advance in an automatic cycle as it can never get hot enough.

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 dgolfer

dgolfer

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

I just ran it on the high heat and the automatic white cycle without the vent attached and it did complete it but didn't dry the clothes.  Previously I had run it on the color cycle and it didn't appear to move.  From the previous reply I suppose it is the coils on the gas valves.  How would I test them to make sure?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics