I have a kenmore 90 series direct drive washing machine, Model number: 110.24922200 that will not rinse and will not spin... when it goes to the rinse/spin cycle all I can hear is a loud buzzing sound... If I lift up the lid the sound will stop, but If I close the lid the buzzing sound will start again until I hear a click and it completely stops.
what I have done:
- :cool:I tested the cap and it seems to be fine ( I assume that the cap is good, because the machine works in agitate mode)
- :cool:I disconnected the motor from the transmission and ran the motor and in the spin cycle I noticed that the noise is coming from the motor, if I try spinning the shaft on the motor the thermal breaker inside the motor will break.
- :cool:I took the motor to a repair shop and it tested good!
- :cool:I also though it could be related to the speed control switch, but all speeds work in agitate mode.
- :cool:I checked the lid switch and it tested good..
please help.. need to wash some clothes :poison: