Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dram

Kenmore 90 series Mod. 110.24922200 rinse/spin problem

8 posts in this topic

:)Hello...... first I just have to say that this is a great web page.. I have gained so much knowledge thanks to you..  and know to my kenmore problem..:D

I have a kenmore 90 series direct drive washing machine, Model number: 110.24922200 that will not rinse and will not spin... when it goes to the rinse/spin cycle all I can hear is a loud buzzing sound... If I lift up the lid the sound will stop, but If I close the lid the buzzing sound will start again until I hear a click and it completely stops.

what I have done:

• :cool:I tested the cap and it seems to be fine ( I assume that the cap is good, because the machine works in agitate mode)
  • :cool:I disconnected the motor from the transmission and ran the motor and in the spin cycle I noticed that the noise is coming from the motor, if I try spinning the shaft on the motor the thermal breaker inside the motor will break.
  • :cool:I took the motor to a repair shop and it tested good!
  • :cool:I also though it could be related to the speed control switch, but all speeds work in agitate mode.
  • :cool:I checked the lid switch and it tested good..

I'm thinking that it might be the timmer... does this sound like it would be the timmer? what else can I try? 

please help.. need to wash some clothes  :poison:

thanks..

~danny

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Some machines have cold only rinse. If your cold water is off, or the screen in the fill valve is filled with rust., you will just hear a humming noise.

Nick   

The speed switch will give you this problem, try a new one,the are not too expensive.

You may have a timer problem. can you check voltages at the motor when on spin? Usually red and white wires at motor harness will read 120 VAC when set to spin on high speed.

Nick

If the motor turns one way(agitates) and not the other, 9 out of 10 times it's the timer, if you buy the part here and that isn't the problem it can be returned, this is the only appliance parts co. that will do this on electrical parts.:gimmebeer:

thanks nick.. I don't think it is the speed switch.., because all four speeds work in agitate mode.., could it still be bad in spin mode?:)

~danny

thanks fat man.. I think it is the timer...  how can I test the timer? and if it isn't the timer... what else could it be?

Is the washer full of water when this happens or is it calling for water.  If no water has entered and it is set for cold fill your fill valve could be bad on the cold side. If it has filled and then the buzzing starts you could have a bad timer, speed sel, switch, bad motor ,  or a bad wiring harness.  Your description of the noise from the motor when it is off of the transmission and cutting out when spinning the shaft sure makes the motor a possibality..???

Post your wiring diagram and I can tell you how to test the motor.