Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
cypresscobra

Timer Runs Backward !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 posts in this topic

Yes beleive it or not, :? the timer will go counter-clockwise when the dryer is turner on.

It heats up well and seems to have no other problem other that I don't think it will ever shut off.:yikes:

Would the timer or the Electronic Control cause this new feature ????

How would I test to make sure?

Thanks in advance,

Willie

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Well, no electronic control in this one. First question I'd be asking is....had any electrical work done in the house lately?

CONTROL, ELECTRONIC

PN# 3390537

Item #29

The drawing attached from Sears says Item 29 is the Electronic Control.

Willie

dryer.doc

AH..funny thing was that I saw that, and didn't quite reply as I meant to. That is one of the older "Soft Heat" boards, it has no bearing on timer operation.

Well since the dryer has been in service in this house for more that 4 years and No one, I repeat no one has touched the electricity anywhere in my house, I'm to assume that the Timer going in reverse is a function of a bad timer and not other correct?  One thing that I did not state earlier is that the Timer goes in reverse whether it is in Auto Dry II, Timed, or Air Dry mode.

Anymore feed back?

Willie

Sort of sounds like some sort of power surge could have reversed the polarity of the motor...we see this all of the time on a/c motors...we also see the motors run backwards if the capacitor is wired backwards or has shorted, motor will run in referse...now your timer will not have a capacitor so would seem to indicate a power surge could have damaged the polarity of the windings....might want to order a replacement motor thru this site, if it does not solve the problem it can be returned less shipping both ways...