Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore dishwasher model 665 1761591

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 trytofixit

trytofixit

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:35 AM

Done this once b4.  Fills up with water and then wont run.  I hear the timer clicking but nothing else.  If I move the cycle I can hear a slight hum in the motor.  Cant afford new dishwasher right now and want to limp by for a little longer with this one.  Any suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:02 PM

Sounds like something is in the pump housing jamming the motor or the motor has gone kapoot.  Need to take this apart to see what, if anything is in the pump housing.  This is a Whrilpool dishwasher with the Kenmore name on it. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 trytofixit

trytofixit

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

Is that typically an expensive repair??  Or difficult?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:02 AM

IF it has a bad pump/motor.  it is about $160.00 from sears, might be less from this site...Key word   "IF"  it has a bad pump/motor... 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:32 AM

Scroll to the bottom of this page and use the Easy Appliance Parts Lookup Form.  Your purchase helps to support this forum and you can return any part for any reason. 

#6 Harvest Golden Girl

Harvest Golden Girl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

Howdy Trytofixit!  Looks like we got the same durn problem.  My trusty Whirlpool gets to where it's supposed to pump that water out and just sits and clicks somewhere up in the front door.  Fills real good though.  I needed to mop that floor anyway.  I read somwheres that pumps are expensive, but may be it can be fixed.  I guess I  better go start bailin cuz it looks like it won't be fixed anytime soon.  I will be watching to see if anyone knows how to fix my baby, sure would hate to get rid of a perfectly good dishwasher. :(

HGG

Ooops, nearly forgot. The number on the little metal tag are F 72937143 followed by another number SOU 30000-2.  It was used when I got it about 13 years ago, so I don't rightly know exactly how old it is, but its been working all this time until now. 

#7 trytofixit

trytofixit

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

Well, I finally am going to attack this thing this evening.  I will let you know how I make out.  "IF" there is something jammed in the motor, my suspicion is that it would possibly be one of the tines off the racks (they've been falling off like crazy).....Wish me luck.....

#8 Harvest Golden Girl

Harvest Golden Girl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:13 AM

Dear Fixitnow -

What happened to your dishwasher, I have been waiting to hear the end of the story.  Was it the pump? I had the same problem and got as far as disconnecting and checking to see if the hose was blocked, both at where it enters into my garbage disposal to drain and also (thanks to very nice photo provide by Mr. Samurai) the check valve underneath the dishwasher.  Cleaned out some broken glass stuck in the filter thing.  Learning a lot, but it still just clicks and hums.  Also found updated motor and relay numbers at the Easy Appliance Parts pages.  And found a felt-tip pen note on the underside  "used unit 7-25-83" left by my dear old dad when he was tinkering on it.  So it's an oldie.  Maybe by now you bought a new one. 

Later - HGG

#9 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

[user=1049]Harvest Golden Girl[/user] wrote:

Dear Fixitnow -

Who you be talkin' to?  Fixitnow.com is my website. 

#10 Harvest Golden Girl

Harvest Golden Girl

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:15 AM

I meant - "Trytofixit" - I am getting delirious, almost ready to admit defeat.   But now that I have your attention Mr. Samurai:

HELP!  I have troubleshot as far as I can.  It looks like either a) pump motor, or b) relay.  I have no repair manual and my little DW appears to be a dinosaur.  (It's the Whirlpool model SDU3000, which no one hardly recognizes).  Where do I go from here.  I don't want a new DW.  I'm sure there's another twenty years left in it if we can just get past this.

Yours gratefully, Harvest Golden Girl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics