Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Rennei Tankless Waterheater

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 130Mechanic

130Mechanic

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

Hey, I am just your average, well trained, highly capable United States Air Force aircraft mechanic.  Recently I bought and installed a Rannei Tankless waterheater, save money, save garage space, etc.....  When I went to register the warrenty online it said it had to be installed by a professional or they would void the warrenty.  What gives?  It was an easy installation and it works like a charm.  Is there something I missed?  Is there more then roughing in the gas and plumbing and hooking everything up?  It there are any pros out there that have an answer please let me know.

Scott   

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_ahammer48_*

Lurker_ahammer48_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

They may have a case in a liability issue ( did U follow all building codes involved with the installation), so there just trying to cover their ass. But this maybe of some use 2 U.

Where did U buy it?  If it was like Wal M, Home D, Lowes, etc, I don't think they can take that stance. Those are general public stores. Does the box state on it plainly that it must be installed by a contractor or warranty is void?

If it was from a wholsaler(supply house) who shouldn't have sold it to U in the 1st place, then they may have a leg to stand on.

U can (if U want to):yikes: :poison: :shock:, call in your local building inspectors to verify the installation for code acceptence. The problem is that opens the entire house up for inspection if they so choose( I believe). 

Some states may let U call in a licensed contractor for the inspection. Check it out.

That may satisfy the heater maker.

Hope this helps;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics