Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

130Mechanic

Rennei Tankless Waterheater

2 posts in this topic

Hey, I am just your average, well trained, highly capable United States Air Force aircraft mechanic.  Recently I bought and installed a Rannei Tankless waterheater, save money, save garage space, etc.....  When I went to register the warrenty online it said it had to be installed by a professional or they would void the warrenty.  What gives?  It was an easy installation and it works like a charm.  Is there something I missed?  Is there more then roughing in the gas and plumbing and hooking everything up?  It there are any pros out there that have an answer please let me know.

Scott   

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

They may have a case in a liability issue ( did U follow all building codes involved with the installation), so there just trying to cover their ass. But this maybe of some use 2 U.

Where did U buy it?  If it was like Wal M, Home D, Lowes, etc, I don't think they can take that stance. Those are general public stores. Does the box state on it plainly that it must be installed by a contractor or warranty is void?

If it was from a wholsaler(supply house) who shouldn't have sold it to U in the 1st place, then they may have a leg to stand on.

U can (if U want to):yikes: :poison: :shock:, call in your local building inspectors to verify the installation for code acceptence. The problem is that opens the entire house up for inspection if they so choose( I believe). 

Some states may let U call in a licensed contractor for the inspection. Check it out.

That may satisfy the heater maker.

Hope this helps;)