Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Imperial gas range oven broke

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hajimey

hajimey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

I have a problem with my Imperial gas oven, when preheating the oven, it will come up to temp. After a few minutes the pilot light ignitor will spark but the pilot light will not light. I can hear the ignitor clicking but no pilot light.

If we allow the oven to cool down, it will fire up with no problem but once heated the same problem occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Model number is IDR-2G12-2

Thank you

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:21 AM

see if you have any power getting to the gas valve
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 hajimey

hajimey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

Hello, I have been away for a while and my wife has again started to bug me to get this fixed.

I checked the gas valves, and both the pilot and burner valves get voltage.

I suspect it to be either the thermostat, or the flame switch. but do not want to just start changing out parts.

I made a few calls and found out that most repair companies that service this brand of range will not work on residential ones, so I need to go it on my own with help from you guys.

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics