Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Slow Ice on an LG side by side

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robfla

robfla

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:07 AM

I just replaced and old Kenmore SxS with a new LG LRSC26925TT SxS.  I am happy with all except the ice maker.  It has an 8 cube (flex tray?) system and in my household the bin only gets about half full in a 24 hr period (we love ice!).  The thing that gets me is that the old Kenmore's ice bin used to get full and sometimes turn off due to so much ice.   This new fridge's ice maker seems not to be in sync with the temp?

Here is an example at 7:09am it dunked/filled the ice tray.  At 8:00am I checked the ice and all the cubes were made - ready to drop.  At 8:52am it dropped the ice!!?!?!

My question is is there anything I can do to speed up the ice dunk cycle in this fridge?   Does it use a sensor or a timer?  Can I adjust something.  It's a shame, because that is the only shortfall I see in this darn fridge.  I have turned the freezer's temp to its min of -8 deg too and no difference...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:35 AM

[user=10601]robfla[/user] wrote:

Here is an example at 7:09am it dunked/filled the ice tray. At 8:00am I checked the ice and all the cubes were made - ready to drop. At 8:52am it dropped the ice!!?!?!

1h 43m - sounds about right to me. Typical fridge will produce a batch in 1 1/2 - 2 hours. At 8 am, they may well have looked frozen, but would have been liquid inside.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:56 AM

These flex tray ice makers do not harvest when the thermostat in the head reaches a certain temperature, it could not care less what temp the freezer is, flex trays rotate about every 2 hour compressor run time...so the less the compressor runs,, the less ice, the more the compressor runs the more ice you get....we had one last month with the same complaint, however after a week or so it seemed to do fine...just give it more time to get the bin filled up, even with a regular ice maker it will take 2-3 days to fill the bin, so wait for a few days and see how it does, should be fine..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 robfla

robfla

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:41 AM

I feel the time it takes to cycle and rotate the cubes is unacceptable.  I need more ice quicker.  At the rate we use it, it will never get full.

Is there a way I can control this "compressor run time" mechanism/timer?  Can I open the motor mechanism and adjust something?

I just need to speed up the cycle for waiting to dunk the cubes.  If I see that the cubes are "liquid inside" I can extend this time more until I find a peek time for my freezer.  I feel now that there is about 40 or more minutes wasted with ice ready to be dunked and nothing is happening. 

Is there anyone familiar with this models fridge internals that can suggest something I can do before I return it?

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Robert

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:49 AM

All I can suggest is call LG customer service at 1 800 243 0000 with your model and serial numbers, and date of purchase and ask them about this, I have no clue what can be done to speed up the process especially since it sounds like it is working normally..,
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics