Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

dimitrin

frigidaire frozen refrigerato

9 posts in this topic

My 3 yr. old frigidaire is freezing the refrigerator. I've turned the refrig. temp control knob to "0" and it still freezes. I've turned both control knobs to between 1 and 0 and it seems to help, though now I think the freezer is not cold enough.

Thanks for any input!  

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

side by side??  top mount?? model ??????????????????????:shock:

Sigh........

thanks for the quick replies. the model # is frs26f5a and it is a side by side. turning both knobs to between 1-0 did defrost the freezer:(. have now set it  freezer 3 (factory setting) refrigerator 1/4 (almost 0).

Thanks again for the input here:D 

Anybody there? Help. Please?

I am not familure with Frigidaire Ref's however there will be those in there that are, but most are probably closed for the Memorial weekend.  You may need to wait till they re-open after the holliday, sorry.

There were known issues with these which caused exactly the problem you desctibe, necessitating replacement of the complete control/damper unit. Can you post a serial number as well (located under the model number, should be two letters and eight numbers)?

start by closing the small door that is located at the bottom of the r/c compartment beside the meat pan/crisper- someone may have accidently pushed the lever to the fully open position.