Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore/GE freezing crisper drawer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sirwired

sirwired

IkkĊ-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:51 AM

My Kenmore 363.9762811 (GE-sourced) is freezing some food in the crisper drawer.  The cheapo-thermometer-checked temperatures of the compartments (besides the crisper drawer, which is obviously below 32 at times) are 0-10/34-37.  I have adjusted the beer compartment thermostat multiple times and I am starting to run out of range in the thermostat.  (I have just turned it a hair lower than "warmest".) 

This is an intermittent problem, and happens only with the most water-logged foods such as carrots and greens.  There is but a smattering of ice crystals present when this occurs, so we are not talking deep-freeze here.

Of note with this unit:

The defrost system has been serviced for frost issues no less than three times.  Once for a new defrost thermostat, once for a new timer, and then shortly thereafter the defrost thermostat was relocated.  (Serviceman said the timer was likely never busted, rather the poor location of the thermostat triggered cycle-end before the defrost process was complete.)  This issue of freezing fresh food in the crisper (I gotta put the non-beer items somewhere!) seemed to begin after this last repair or after the timer swap, I can't remember which.

I fear not (indeed I long for) a sealed system problem, for Sears was foolish enough to sell me a 1-yr extended warranty on this 10-yr old unit of known flakiness.  An irreperable sealed system issue means a brand-new unit for me.

I thank all who would sully their keyboards with a typing out a reply to this humble grasshopper.

SirWired

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 A-1 Appliance

A-1 Appliance

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

check the freezer control...FYI     http://fixitnow.com/...-cold-facts.htm
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics