Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

noisy dryer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 perch38

perch38

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:41 PM

I have a ge washer dryer combo. i had it about 2 years now. the dryer has started making a noise like you were drying a pair of sneakers in it.the noise gets loud then soft after a while then loud again. when i turn the tumbler i barely hear it. also the tumbler wobbles up and down (it has play in it) is that normal? are the bearing gone in it? whats the problem. thanks in advance .also i look at the faq's on noisy dryers nothing seemed to help me

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

Perch,  sounds to me that your drum support bearing broke,  it's a nylon piece that the shaft support rests in when turning.  It's located at the rear of the dryer.   To replace this the top and front must be removed.  The belt taken off and the drum lifts up from the support.  Then the support bearing is replaced along with the bearing bracket.  You would have to inspect the shaft support to see if it's ok,  this is what rests in the bearing support and mounts to the drum,  but you should be ok with this.  For an experienced tech,  its not too hard,  just depends how mech.  inclined you are.  Part # are....drum support bearing  WEO3x1002.   Bearing bracket....WE13x10009.   Shaft support if you need it...WE13x10011...Ron

#3 perch38

perch38

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:33 AM

so the play shouldnt be in the tumbler right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics