Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

panochapower

"bluebook" for used appliances?

6 posts in this topic

im lookin at a whirlpool washer LSQ9549L (i think), slightly used for

$150-$200 & according to froogle thats approx $400 new (your

opinion of this machine greatly appreciated - i could only find 3

reviews)...

to replace mom's Kenmore model 110.18202790

(s# CH1107632, 24"w, white, used, cant find docs, works fine)

because its just too damned small to wash my Kingsize bedding

if such a bluebook exists, pls point the way. if it does not, can you

give me an idea of the kenmore's fairmkt value &/or what i should

sell it on ebay for??

thanks from a hard core DIY'er who just hasnt had to do an appliance yet...!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There is no blue book  just have to go by the appearance and age.  The same item might be worth $200.00 if in prime condition while the same one may be trashed and broken if not taken care of .  Just have to go by the condition, age and appearance.  This will vary by area also, since prices differ from region to region.

its worth whatever you can get for it !!!!!   i have people debate on a daily basis whether it is worth it to them to spend $150- $200 for repairing their machines,or whether they should purchase a new one. where i live,economy is strong,money is plentiful, so often the latter choice is exercised,unless the machine has some intrinsic value to them.         :?

pegi on the spot!

thanks for response!

now i found the kenmore model number prefix decoder (indicating mfr)... is there any other info encoded in the rest of the model number, like mfr date for instance?

thanks kdog but i understand all that - im trying to figure out what's a reasonable high to ask for & a low i shouldnt take less than.

im just outta my element here - too bad its not a car lol.

if i knew how old the "ken-less" was, that would help. if i could find it's papers, that would help. i could call the local used appliance seller but why should they tell me anything? oh, man, im longin for the days when i was a kid & we had a family friend who was a sears repair guy (way back in the day).

ok, maybe ill use half the avg price of new comparable models as my "no less than" figure. sound reasonable?

Sears has the date of 1/98 as the time this was put into their database, so would have been manufactured before this date, somewhere in 1998.  Whirlpool runs the W/P brand down the production line one year and runs the K/M brand the other.  So they do not have to set up the proceess more than once a year.  The actual date these are made would be in the serial number, which I do not have access to the code.