Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

"bluebook" for used appliances?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 panochapower

panochapower

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:50 AM

im lookin at a whirlpool washer LSQ9549L (i think), slightly used for
$150-$200 & according to froogle thats approx $400 new (your
opinion of this machine greatly appreciated - i could only find 3
reviews)...

to replace mom's Kenmore model 110.18202790
(s# CH1107632, 24"w, white, used, cant find docs, works fine)
because its just too damned small to wash my Kingsize bedding

if such a bluebook exists, pls point the way. if it does not, can you
give me an idea of the kenmore's fairmkt value &/or what i should
sell it on ebay for??

thanks from a hard core DIY'er who just hasnt had to do an appliance yet...!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:14 AM

There is no blue book  just have to go by the appearance and age.  The same item might be worth $200.00 if in prime condition while the same one may be trashed and broken if not taken care of .  Just have to go by the condition, age and appearance.  This will vary by area also, since prices differ from region to region.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

its worth whatever you can get for it !!!!!   i have people debate on a daily basis whether it is worth it to them to spend $150- $200 for repairing their machines,or whether they should purchase a new one. where i live,economy is strong,money is plentiful, so often the latter choice is exercised,unless the machine has some intrinsic value to them.         :?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 panochapower

panochapower

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

pegi on the spot!

thanks for response!

now i found the kenmore model number prefix decoder (indicating mfr)... is there any other info encoded in the rest of the model number, like mfr date for instance?

#5 panochapower

panochapower

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:57 PM

thanks kdog but i understand all that - im trying to figure out what's a reasonable high to ask for & a low i shouldnt take less than.

im just outta my element here - too bad its not a car lol.
if i knew how old the "ken-less" was, that would help. if i could find it's papers, that would help. i could call the local used appliance seller but why should they tell me anything? oh, man, im longin for the days when i was a kid & we had a family friend who was a sears repair guy (way back in the day).

ok, maybe ill use half the avg price of new comparable models as my "no less than" figure. sound reasonable?

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:25 AM

Sears has the date of 1/98 as the time this was put into their database, so would have been manufactured before this date, somewhere in 1998.  Whirlpool runs the W/P brand down the production line one year and runs the K/M brand the other.  So they do not have to set up the proceess more than once a year.  The actual date these are made would be in the serial number, which I do not have access to the code.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics