Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Guest mparegian

Broken on/off knob

8 posts in this topic

I am unable to figure out how to remove the on/off knob for my Hotpoint washer.  It just spins - I have the entire top section off including the little face plate and I just can't see how it comes off.  Any help please ???

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Boy, would we just grin if people would post a model number.  Assuming this is a top loading washer, see if you see a white plastic clip behind the timer knob, if so take some needle nose pliers and pull this clip, or take a small flat blade screwdriver and just hook it under the curved end and pry it off of the knob.  If this is not a top loader, I do not have a clue.

Mod. # is:     VBXR1060T2WB

Ser. # is:       AR137337H

The plastic tabs that hold the switch down are broken off and only one screw remains..  

I see the metal split ring and will try to remove that...   Thanks...!!! 

gewashostimerclip.jpg?dc=4675461042619545290

What "metal split ring?"  It is a white plastic clip...........

Pegi, some of the older G.E. or Hotpoints, (can't remember which ones), usually the ones that had a metal knob had a metal wire clip before they went to the plastic clip that we see now days.

Well, this is one of the new style washers with the fill valve in the console area so believe it will be less than 10 years old...

Deffinitely correct on that account Pegi, I didn't bother to look it up and neglicted to notice that it was a "T" line model from the number so it shouldn't have the metal clip.