Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
thingfish

Kenmore dryer wiring

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys...great site!

I just replaced a thermostat (L290-40F) in my Kenmore four cycle dryer (model # 7642380064238).  I replaced it before successfully a several years ago (it's an old dryer).  My problem is that I forgot how the wires go back.  There is a white wire and a red wire coming from the main body of the dryer and a small section of red wire with a clip on either end.  Neither the thermostat nor the heating element have wires connected to them.

It would be great if anyone could help me with this.  It seems fairly easy.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Your model number is  110.76423800, the other 5 numbers are a seperate stock number for Sears. and this is a Whirlpool dryer, as indicated by the 110= W/P Laundry Product.  Look on the wires, they should be marked, S1 & S2   and H1 & H2   S=safety thermostat and H=heating element.  Plus the terminals to the element are larger than the terminals to the safety.  The safety therminals will be too small to plug onto the heating element.....see if this helps...

Wow!  Thanks for the quick response, Pegi!

The thermostat does indeed have smaller posts than the element although none of them are labeled in any way. One post on the thermostat has an "x" next to it, but that's all I can see.  The red wire has "H2" on it and a large connector, so I'm assuming it goes to the heating element.  Does it matter which post I connect it to?  Also, the white wire has no markings on it or at least none that I could see, but it does have a smaller connector.  I'm assuming it goes to the thermostat.  Again, I'm not sure which post it goes to.

Thanks again,

Joe

The safety thermostat is in and out as is the heating element, should not matter which side as long as all is in series..

It's working!!!

Thanks so much.  I will tell everyone about this site.

You are very welcome.....;)