Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

kenmore coldspot

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_leelee_*

Lurker_leelee_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 28 May 2005 - 02:24 PM

:Dhello all master appliantologists!

I would love to be a master anything, but I apprecaite all of you. What a great website!

Anyway, I sold my house a few days ago, so I thought it may be time ot fix the leaky frige! I saw the pictures and diagrams on this website and i am thinking that i need to remove the plastic/styrofoam cover in the back of the refrigerator so that I can clean out the drain cup or drip pan. My problem is i can't figure out how to get that thing off without breaking it! HELP?!? Any advice would be appreciated. I really can't pass on this problem to the new owner.

Thanks~ leelee

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,202 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

Post your model number and we can help you.

#3 Lurker_leelee_*

Lurker_leelee_*

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:50 PM

;) Sorry!  The model # on is 9651753

Thanks again,

leelee

#4 Lurker_leelee_*

Lurker_leelee_*

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

:? Okay, master appliantologist, please forgive me for not reading the 10 commandments of model number finding.  Here is the correct model number (I hope).  106. 9651753  

:D leelee        

#5 Lurker_leelee_*

Lurker_leelee_*

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:39 AM

Help!!! please!!! If anyone has any ideas on how to remove the air diffuser cover on a kenmore coldspot model # 106.9651753.  The back of the air diffuser and top two rectangular holes drip water every few days.  I really need to fix it right away.  Any advice would be appreciated.    Thanks, leelee

#6 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image

Best way to attack this is to remove the bottom panel (item 25) and the panel in the back of the freezer (item 16). Chances are that you have a blocked defrost drain, which you will see underneath the evaporator (in the back of the freezer).

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#7 Lurker_leelee_*

Lurker_leelee_*

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:00 AM

hello Mad Mac!

Thanks a million! I really appreciated your help and the time you took to send a diagram. I did everything you said to do. Now I have a few questions...

Was I supposed to clean out that sheet of ice that was under the bottom panal?

Is the drain the hole that's in the back that opens up to the refrgerator?

There was a a piece of plastic that looked like a block in that hole, but it was a part that belonged there just maybe pushed out of place so I moved it.  ???

I also cleaned the ice out, in the way back on the silver part that the drips flow down onto. Was that the right thing to do?

I am obviously not an appliantologist, but I like that word!

Anyway, thanks again.  I hope the problem is solved and I hope I didn't create a new problem.:yikes:                        If you can let me know that would be so wonderful.

:D    your new friend,    leelee

#8 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:21 AM

The drain is the hole in the middle of where the water drips into. This needs to be clear, then the defrost water will run down to a pan on top of your compressor.  The sheet of ice under the bottom panel is just another symptom of the same problem, you should clear that out.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#9 Lurker_leelee_*

Lurker_leelee_*

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:49 PM

Hello Again~

The ice in my freezer is just continuing to bulid up again under the bottom panal after I removed what I thought was blockage.  What i did was I moved a piece of plastic ,that is a part in the drain hole, out of the way. Was this maybe part of the drain? I also removed all the ice.

I waited a few days and it is still leaking. 

Is there any way I can check the drain cup to see if the is the problem? Is there something else i can do at this point. What would you all do?                  

Thanks,

leelee

#10 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:50 PM

Run something long and skinny down the drain hole and pour hot water in there till it runs out into the pan underneath the box. Until this drain is clear, you will still have the same problem.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#11 exsearsguy

exsearsguy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:37 PM

Leelee, you might try tilting your box back towards the wall.Possibly the water is seeking it's own level, and you want it to run downhill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics