Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Maytag Atlantis Washer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_TIM C._*

Lurker_TIM C._*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

All ready replaced belt did not llok bad but was a crap shoot.Took apart again this weekend all drain hoses clean and clear sat in basement thru full color cycle no load all water drained out ok.Timer appears to be advancing normal.Did notice white fiberglass or plastic filings under tub transmission assembly.If something was not right in the tub assembly tranny would this cause drainage problems

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:18 AM

Does the motor run during spin?  Does the pump rotate?  If yes, then you've either got something stuck in the drain hose or you have a stripped out pump.

#3 Lurker_Tim C_*

Lurker_Tim C_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:38 AM

Yes the motor runs during spin cyclye and pump spins because the water drained and i could here it running down the drain.Of course not every load is soaking wet at the end.This has been an intermittent problem.If the pump was stripping out would larger loads effect operation.What i mean is would it slip sometimes and not others

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,363 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:10 PM

Pull the drain hose off from the pump and blow through it from that end-- should be free and clear.  Then pull the suction hose off the pump and see if water flows out from it freely.  Lastly, check the pump itself for obstructions.  The problem is in one of these places. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics