Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
willin2try

Whirlpool ice maker problem

4 posts in this topic

I have a whirlpool side by side, ED25PSQDW00, that I purchased in 1997 (it was manufactured in 1996).  I had bought the extended warranty (which has since expired) and had repairs done to the icemaker which has the module.  The module has a date code of 2001. 

Anyway, no more ice.  I took off the the cover to the module and jumped T to H.  The round dial on the module rotated.  I jumped V to L and heard a whirring noise (but did not hear any water flowing).  Any suggestions on the problem or what else is should check?  Also, when I jumped the wires, is there any length of time they should stay jumped?  Should the ice maker bar be in the ice making (down) or off (up) position position when I jump the wires? 

Also, I notice that there is a company called waterfiltermart.com that appears to have an icemaker for $59 and the module for $55 which seems like a good price if that is what I need.  Has anyone ever heard of them?  Also, am I correct in assuming that If I buy the icemaker, it will have a module built into it already so that I do not need to buy both?  Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I would be checking the fill valve first and check to see if the thru tube to the ice maker is clogged with ice.  Take a test cord to the valve to see if it is giving good water flow.  Sounds like a no water to the ice maker problem.  If you want parts why not just order them here?  Where you are getting FREE HELP to your questions???    Will  this other company let you return these parts if it is not your problem???  Do they give free advise???  I would think not.......

Go to LOWE'S and get an icemaker kit.  $49.99:party:

drjew- be sure to go to lowes next time you seek some free advice!