Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

compressor fan wont run

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulo

paulo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

replaced fan on compressor outdoor unit fan wont start by it's self. if you nudge it it will run. but wont start by it's self. unit is a tempstar

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_ahammer48_*

Lurker_ahammer48_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

Hello

Was this an exact replacement motor 4 UR unit?? Did U also replace the capacitor with the new motor. Different motor use different capacitors. Go back to where U bought the motor and ask for the correct cap for this mtr(unless U know 4 sure that the exisitng cap from the old mtr will work on this new one)

:poison: Please B careful when installing a new capacitor. Turn all power off to the unit. Let it sit awhile. Remove the wires from the exisiting cap, making a diagram so they go back on correctly, and use electrical tape on the loose ends. Better to B safe then sorry;) 

Then use a screwdriver to ground 1 terminal of the cap to the metal of the unit. That will discharge the cap. Its now safe to remove from the unit and install UR new cap.

Also recheck that U have the wiring correct as per the small diagram on the motor.

Hope this helps:)

#3 jehiatt

jehiatt

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:01 AM

I have to agree with ahammer here - there is a problem with the fan motor capacitor.
J woody

#4 jehiatt

jehiatt

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

replace the start cap

J woody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics