Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore fornt load washer High pitched pulsating constant whine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mckelvey

Mckelvey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

Greetings most honorable appliance guru,

I have a new Kenmore front loader washer. There seems to be no problem with the operation of the machine, however there is a constant whine coming form the front of the washer near the selection nobs. It seems to be electrical in nature. As the lights flash the sound pulsates.
I recently moved the washer to a new house and followed the moving instructions reattaching-- the support brackets and all. In the new house the outlet is ungrounded and am using an two pronged adapter. Is this related?

Most humble student

Model 417. 44052400
super capacity 3.5 kenmore front load washer.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:03 AM

whether or not the electrical noise you hear is related to the fact that you are connected to an UNGROUNDED outlet can be easily proven......... install a properly grounded outlet at once!!!  the ground wire is provided to eliminate such occurances as well as protecting the user from hazards that may exist- operating it the way you are voids your warranty- using an adaptor only allows you to make a connection it does NOT provide a ground.  installing a proper 3 prong outlet and adding a ground wire even to the copper supply piping in your home does not seem all that unreasonable.  this must be done in any event,once you have done this,if noise persists-you can deal with that issue then.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:41 AM

Definitely neet a proper grounded supply for these. Other possibility for that kind of noise is that my wife is stuck inside the machine.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:43 AM

:D  Let us hope his wife is not stuck inside of your washer!!!   When you get this ground thingie fixed and the noise is still there why not call for warranty service, since you indicated it is a new machine??  After you remove his wife, that is......   :sunny:  .......This is a Frigidaire washer so I cannot see if there are any service bulletins on this washer, Sears makes nothing.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Mckelvey

Mckelvey

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

Thank you all,
I have grounded the plug to the cold water pipe with a copper wire, but it has not made any difference. Today I bought a GCIF outlet and will install it tomorrow. We'll see then if this helps.

I'm afraid to call for service because the first thing it says in the manual stating that use of ANY plug other than a grounded outlet will void all warrantees.

Thanks again
Erin

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

yes,but you NOW have a properly grounded plug- i've replaced many cicuit boadrs due to electrical noise. if it's properly grounded and noisy- call for warranty service.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics