Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Mckelvey

Kenmore fornt load washer High pitched pulsating constant whine

6 posts in this topic

Greetings most honorable appliance guru,

I have a new Kenmore front loader washer. There seems to be no problem with the operation of the machine, however there is a constant whine coming form the front of the washer near the selection nobs. It seems to be electrical in nature. As the lights flash the sound pulsates.

I recently moved the washer to a new house and followed the moving instructions reattaching-- the support brackets and all. In the new house the outlet is ungrounded and am using an two pronged adapter. Is this related?

Most humble student

Model 417. 44052400

super capacity 3.5 kenmore front load washer.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

whether or not the electrical noise you hear is related to the fact that you are connected to an UNGROUNDED outlet can be easily proven......... install a properly grounded outlet at once!!!  the ground wire is provided to eliminate such occurances as well as protecting the user from hazards that may exist- operating it the way you are voids your warranty- using an adaptor only allows you to make a connection it does NOT provide a ground.  installing a proper 3 prong outlet and adding a ground wire even to the copper supply piping in your home does not seem all that unreasonable.  this must be done in any event,once you have done this,if noise persists-you can deal with that issue then.

Definitely neet a proper grounded supply for these. Other possibility for that kind of noise is that my wife is stuck inside the machine.

:D  Let us hope his wife is not stuck inside of your washer!!!   When you get this ground thingie fixed and the noise is still there why not call for warranty service, since you indicated it is a new machine??  After you remove his wife, that is......   :sunny:  .......This is a Frigidaire washer so I cannot see if there are any service bulletins on this washer, Sears makes nothing.

Thank you all,

I have grounded the plug to the cold water pipe with a copper wire, but it has not made any difference. Today I bought a GCIF outlet and will install it tomorrow. We'll see then if this helps.

I'm afraid to call for service because the first thing it says in the manual stating that use of ANY plug other than a grounded outlet will void all warrantees.

Thanks again

Erin

yes,but you NOW have a properly grounded plug- i've replaced many cicuit boadrs due to electrical noise. if it's properly grounded and noisy- call for warranty service.