Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Washer--I fixed it, it worked but new problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mariaca

mariaca

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:48 AM

Thanks to your help, replaced belt because there was no agitation and it worked for 2 weeks.  Now, tub is full of water, won't empty, doesn't agitate, humming sound (motor) when on "spin" cycle with an odor.  Coupler was not replaced, but re-attached first time and doesn't look stripped.  Please help again.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

Check to see if there is something in the water pump.  The motor cannot run if the pump cannot turn since it is attached to the clutch ontop of the motor. 
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 mariaca

mariaca

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:54 AM

Where is the water pump located?  (I'm a beginner).  Do you have a pic? Then, how do you determine if there is an obstruction?

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:04 PM

Assuming this is an older style of washer, and from your post it is since you reattached the "coupler" that attaches to the clutch to the pump, the big white thing above the motor/clutch.  Remove the hoses and see if something is in the pump hoses or jammed in the impellers in the pump.  This probably has a 4 hose pump.  If you cannot see anything in the hoses, remove the pump and see if something is inside of either chamber.   P.S. you will need to get the water out of the washer first because this will all run out onto you and the floor when you remove the hoses.  You could also have a locked up transmission..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics