Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Microwave door spring

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dales

Dales

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:09 AM

I havea a Kitchen Aid Supera Oven/Microwave combo.  Model # KEMC308KSSO.  My problem is the spring for the microwave door broke.  How hard is this to replace?  Is it something I can do myself or is it something I should call a tech for.

thanks,

Dale

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sfodom

sfodom

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:46 AM

I replaced mine myself.  Only problem I had was that I dropped the door faceplate while removing it.  There are only two screws holding it on from the inside, once you remove those two screws the faceplate will fall off.  The spring is a torsion spring located in the bottom of the door.  Can't remember where I bought it, but it should be easy to find.  Ah, is this your part?  http://www.easyappli...&RefineSearch=0

Page 2 part number 16

or this   http://www.repaircli...ccPartID=589688

Sue

#3 Dales

Dales

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:32 AM

Thanks for the info.  I'm going to order the part and give it a try. 

Dales

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics