Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore Garbage Disposal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_gpfisme2_*

Lurker_gpfisme2_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:25 PM

I dont know if my disposal is jam or is out for the count. I tried cleaning the blade area, reset the button on the bottom, turning the screw at the botton to left and right. It tries to come back on but it turns then stops. Should I take it off to clear the jam? Also the bottom plate where the blades are attached too looks to be spinning unevenly maybe causing this problem. Well I hope you all can help me out.

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_gpfisme2_*

Lurker_gpfisme2_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

I'm responding to my previous emai. Specs for my disposal is:

Model: 175.60450

Volts 120

HP 3/4 1 PH

S/N HJ 8983659 AMPS 7.6

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

if the grinding disc has come loose,you'll need a replacement blade and seal kit,chances are also good that the liner in the upper bell has become swelled- bottom line is,probably $150.00 or more for repair- these units are rarely economical to repair anymore- replace with new one,or better yet,seal up the sink and throw your trash into the garbage istead of the sink- aren't you afraid of blocking the plumbing drains on your property ???
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,403 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:39 AM

You need a new disposal.  Come git you one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics