Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Pro Style Jenn Air (PRG4810NP) Covertable?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PIPER

PIPER

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:43 AM

It was my understanding when i bought this range it could be converted to LP. Well Jenn Air says no. All Jenn Air's other ranges (except the pro style) can be converted.  Is there anything i or the gas company can do to get around this?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

They are correct. Unit is ordered as Natural or LP. Unit is not convertible because it has not passed testing. In other words you do not want to convert this unit. Anyone who tried to do it for you would be liable. It has been this way for a long time on this style unit. Selling dealer gave you some pretty $ misinformation.
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 PIPER

PIPER

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

The gas man says it might have all the adjustments/conversion already on the stove. They are suppose to come out and look.

It's kinda crazy they would build one that cannot be convertible. What if one wants to take a NP range to a part of the world where there is none?

I'm prepared for the worst news. I just hate to give up this stove. The poor guys at Sears feel real bad also, they have been misinformed also.

#4 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:14 PM

I'm not so sure I'd let Sears off the hook so easy. These units have never been UL approved for conversion. They are ordered in as LP or Natural. I checked the web site and it clearly states natural only. Maybe they can give you some sort of allowance since you did ask prior to purchasing it. 
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 PIPER

PIPER

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:58 PM

The are willing to take it back. But i don't want to give it back. My gas man is suppose to come by this coming week. He was told that you can turn one of the valves over from like a 22 to an 11? Does this make sense? He was also told there should be adjustments for the orifices also? I hope he is right? Thanks for keeping me straight, and replying.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Please, Please do not do this!!  You will be voiding all warranty and will not be able to hold anyone responsable but yourself if this range burns your house down or kills your family, Please exchange it for the right model...:poison:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#7 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

Pegi is right, DO NOT convert this. You would void your warrenty, risk fire, risk your life, and your insurance company can refuse to pay for anything because the oven was altered in a way UL did not approve.

Send it back and pick a new one 
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics